Applying for a Qualification Certificate Using DEEDS
You must have an EdAccess account to access DEEDS.
- If you already have an EdAccess account, click EdAccess (classlink.com)
- Your Ed Access Username is always in this format: First Name.Last Name – Email addresses are not used as usernames for Ed Access accounts
- If you do not have an EdAccess account, click Account Request (doe.k12.de.us)
Use your personal email address to create your EdAccess account.
Enter the required information into DEEDS.
- Identity– Enter your full social security number, correct date-of-birth, and your personal email address.
- Verification of Age – Upload (in PDF format) a clear image of your driver’s license, passport, birth certificate, etc.
- Work Experience – Upload (in PDF format) a signed/dated Verification of Child Care Experience form. An intern does not require experience.
- Education –
- For all positions except intern– Upload (in PDF format) your high school diploma or high school student transcript. An intern does not require a high school diploma.
- For positions requiring college or university credits- Request for your college or university to send us your official transcript showing credits earned. The official sealed transcript may be mailed to Delaware Department of Education, Attn: DEEDS Early Learning, 401 Federal Street, Dover DE 19901 or sent electronically via a secure server to our email.
- For positions requiring quality-assured training – Upload (in PDF format) training certificates, clock hours, TECE 1 or 2 certificates, transcripts, etc.
- International Education Diplomas or transcripts they will need to be evaluated by an independent credential evaluation agency.
- Returning Users:
- Review and update personal information – if needed, such as address, phone number, and email address.
- Only upload new documents in PDF format when reapplying or applying for a higher-level certification.
- Only apply for a certificate above your current position.
Resolve any issues with your application by responding to emails from the DEEDS team.
To resolve your deficiencies, please log in to your DEEDS account through EdAccess and complete the following steps:
- From your Educator Dashboard, click on “Respond to Deficiency”.
- Enter and/or upload the missing details then click save/update.
- In the Deficiency area at the bottom of the screen check the box next to Resolved, enter any notes if needed, then click Save Changes – click Save & Next – click ReSubmit. Official college transcripts may be submitted either electronically via a secure server or by mail directly from the institution to the Department of Education. K-12 Educators may also submit their official transcript through their HR office.
If deficiencies are not resolved within 15 days you will receive a reminder email, however no further review will take place regarding your application until all deficiencies have been resolved. Failure to provide the required information within 30 days may result in the closure of your application.
Print your certificate.
- Log in to your EdAccess account and click on the Educator Credentialing – DEEDS icon.
- On the right-hand side of the Educator Dashboard landing page, click the last blue bar marked “Print My Credentials.”
- Select your “certificate” from the drop-down next to “Select a License”.
- From the drop-down next to “Select a Document Type” choose: “Wall Certificate for Early Learning”
- Click “generate.”
- In the bottom left-hand corner, you will see a link to your PDF. Open PDF to save or print.
If you have a question or need to contact the DEEDS Early Learning Team, contact Early Learning Certification.