High school students enrolled in state-model Career and Technical Education (CTE) Programs, or taking individual CTE classes, may be eligible for post high school credits at Delaware colleges, universities, or other educational institutions. The tools on this page will help you determine which schools offer post high school credits for specific CTE programs and courses.

What are Articulation Agreements?

Articulation agreements are written agreements between the Delaware Department of Education and postsecondary institutions, such as colleges, universities, and adult education programs offered through vocational/technical school districts. These agreements allow students enrolled in Career and Technical Education (CTE) career pathways to earn postsecondary credit while in high school. This reduces the time and cost associated with postsecondary education, similarly to Advanced Placement and dual enrollment courses.

In some cases, individual Delaware school districts may also have their own articulation agreements with specific postsecondary institutions.  These agreements are not monitored by the Delaware Department of Education. If your CTE pathway is not listed on this page, please ask your school counselor or CTE teacher about additional opportunities to earn articulated credit.

How do I earn articulated credits?

High school students should check this page to see if their CTE career pathway is listed and review the terms of the agreement. When applying to a postsecondary institution, students should ask about articulated credit opportunities, share their high school transcript, and provide a copy of the articulation agreement associated with their CTE career pathway.

You can search by CTE program (to see which schools are offering credits for a specific CTE program), or by school (to see all the programs any one school is offering credits for).

To search by program, select the program category and then the specific program.

To search by school, just select the school you are interested in.

The high school CTE coursework that must be successfully completed will be listed in the left column for each school or program . The course type will be either “Sequence”, “Direct”, or “Work-based”.

  • Sequence: Articulated course sequences are series of courses that must be completed in order to earn postsecondary credit. This series of courses converts to the coursework indicated under the specific postsecondary institution.
  • Direct: A directly articulated course or certification is a secondary CTE course, or industry certification, that converts to the specific course indicated under the postsecondary institution.
  • Work-Based:  Successful completion of the work-based learning practicum (WBLP) course and/or registered youth apprenticeship program as part of a state-model CTE program of study.

A student in the Finance program of study completes the entire Academy of Finance (NAF) program according to the terms of the articulation agreement.  When the student enrolls at Delaware Technical Community College, they will receive credit for Introduction to Business, Where’s My Money?, Are you Credit Worthy?, and Planning for the Beach.

A student in the Finance program of study completes the Fundamentals of Finance and Financial Services courses according to the terms of the articulation agreement.  The student does not meet the requirements for Principles of Accounting.  When the student enrolls at Goldey-Beacom College, they receive credit for Personal Finance Management and Money & Banking. The student will not receive a general elective credit because the terms were not met for the Principles of Accounting course at the high school level.

If a student transfers to another school,  the credits they earned can be converted into the equivalent credits at the new school. A student who completes the Academy of Finance (NAF) program and attends Delaware Technical Community College will receive credits for the Introduction to Business, Where’s My Money?, Are You Credit Worthy?, and Planning for the Beach courses. If that student later transfers to Delaware State University, those credits would be converted to  Money Matters and a Free/College of Business (COB) elective.

If this student were to transfer from either Delaware Technical Community College or Delaware State University to Goldey-Beacom College, the original credits are not covered under any agreement, and the decision whether to accept these credits would be at the sole discretion of Goldey-Beacom College.

Search for