Is center child care for you?
There is a need for high-quality child care services in Delaware. Opening a child care center is not for those who seek a simple, easy way to make a living; it can be very demanding. However, running a child care is one of the most important and rewarding jobs to be found. In a world where most people find their jobs uninspiring and without deeper meaning, working with children and their families offers an opportunity to make a real contribution to the world and discover new joy each day.
What are the benefits?
- Build your own business
- Be your own boss and set your own work hours
- Fill an important community need
- Help provide quality care to children
- Working with other child care professionals
- Be a resource to families
- Have a positive impact on children
OCCL can help you open a center by:
- Assisting you in becoming licensed by the State of Delaware
- Guiding you on setting up your child care environment
- Giving you information on child development, nutrition, health, and safety issues
- Giving you information about resources available to providers, such as the Child and Adult Care Food Program that assists in paying for meals served in child care and the Purchase of Care subsidy
- Referring parents who are looking for child care to your business via the child care search
- Connecting you with other child care professionals and professional child care associations
For more information on opening a center, contact your local Office of Child Care Licensing at 302-892-5800 (NCC) or 302-739-5487 (Kent and Sussex) or sign up for a Center Information Session.
DELACARE requlations were created to protect the health, safety, well-being, and positive development of children in licensed child care centers. Providers and child care staff must follow these regulations at all times.
DELACARE: Regulations for Early Care and Education and School-Age Centers