Filing a Complaint against a Child Care Facility

For complaints about possible child abuse or neglect at a child care facility, you need to contact the Child Abuse Report Line 24/7 at 1(800) 292-9582.

The Office of Child Care Licensing investigates complaints about possible violations of licensing rules by child care facilities. It has no authority to investigate financial matters nor does it investigate personal disputes.

To file a complaint about a child care facility, call (302) 892-5800 in New Castle County. In Kent or Sussex Counties dial (302) 739-5487 or 1-800-822-2236 or file a confidential complaint online.

The Delaware Department of Services for Children, Youth & Their Families is committed to non-discrimination and its responsibilities in accordance with the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Individuals who feel they have been discriminated against under Title II of the ADA can submit a complaint by calling the ADA Coordinator at 302-633-2561 or email complaints to