The Delaware Department of Education (DDOE) believes all students benefit most when educators operate under a system focused on continuous improvement. During the 2021-22 school year, select districts and charter schools will evaluate the state’s new evaluation system for classroom teachers. This new evaluation system is called the Delaware Teacher Growth and Support System (DTGSS).
DTGSS replaces the state’s previous DPAS-II system for evaluating classroom teachers beginning in Fall 2022. School specialists and administrators will remain on the current DPAS-II system.
- DTGSS overview – A general overview of DTGSS and how it differs from DPAS-II. Includes an implementation timeline.
- DTGSS pilot – Includes the current pilot timeline and list of participating schools.
- Redesign history – Details the multi-year redesign process from DPAS-II to DTGSS. Includes steering committee members.
- Delaware Code 1270 and Delaware Regulation 106A – Links to Delaware governance related to teacher evaluation.
- Professional learning opportunities – Access Digital DE for upcoming/recorded professional learning opportunities related to DTGSS and teacher evaluation. Search “evaluation” for the latest offerings. Site is continually updated.
- ACCESS eNewsletter – Read Delaware’s monthly eNewsletter focused on school staff evaluations. Sign up to receive future issues.
- DTGSS Schoology group – Get DTGSS information specific to teachers and administrators. Find downloadable resources, including training and overview materials. For access, enter Schoology code: X8WB-ZKQJ-M585J or email NewTeacher.Evaluation@doe.k12.de.us.
For questions about DTGSS or to provide feedback, contact NewTeacher.Evaluation@doe.k12.de.us