The Delaware Department of Education (DDOE) approves applications for opening Delaware charter schools. Applications for new charter schools must align with the intent of current legislation and result in schools that will produce strong educational outcomes.
New charter school applications are due each year between November 1 and December 31.
To open a charter school in Delaware, applicants must review the following:
- Charter School Performance Framework – Outlines academic, organizational and financial expectations for Delaware charter schools. Includes information on the state’s oversight process.
- – Current application for those interested in opening a new charter school in the upcoming school year.
- Technical assistance, training – Offers technical assistance sessions for those interested in opening a new Delaware charter school as well as required board training for new and current charter schools.
and submit the following:
- Letter of Intent (link)
- New Charter Application (link)
- Budget Project Sheets (link)
- Revenue Estimates (link)